Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Posted by ~Summer~ on December 13, 2011
in

Today is already the 12th of December.

Last year, it started snowing one month back and the city was covered in a fresh blanket of snow by this time. But this year, I don't see any white fluffy flakes on the streets even now.

What happened to you, snow?

Jw's brother and his family arrived in Karlskrona a couple of days ago. They were in eager anticipation to witness snow falling from the sky, especially my 6-year-old niece and 4-year-old nephew who had lived in the tropics all their lives. So it was kind of unfortunate that they were unable to open their mouths and actually taste snow the moment they stepped out of the airport.

I had already given them my promise that it will start snowing in no time at all and we will definitely be able to go to Sälen and have a ball of a time skiing and snow sledging. I'm hoping I don't have to go buy a mammoth snowmaker machine just so to make their dreams come true.


Why I love snow

Snowing means I can have fun playing snowballs and making snowman with my loved ones.

It means I will better appreciate the sun.

I dig the thrill of snow sleding and skiing.

I enjoy drinking lots of hot chocolate, and Baileys, on snowy days.

Eating an ice cream in the snow is one of the best pleasures in the world. No kidding.


Why I don't love snow that much sometimes

In winter, it takes me at least half an hour to prepare before I can bring Angel out. Worse when it's snowing heavily. Long johns, boots, thick socks, gloves, beanie, clothes layer 1, layer 2, layer 3.

For jw, shoveling the snow from the car becomes a daily chore and it ain't fun when you find your car doors stuck. No, it is also not fun driving on snowy, slippery roads.

Snowing means we are right smack in the middle of winter and that means the sun rises at 9am and sets at 3pm, there's a reason why people suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD) - "winter depression". Which by the way, women are more prone.



Well, that said, this being my last winter, I'm still going to cherish every day of it and now I'm just hoping to see snow fall from the sky soon.

You know, it's a pity that it is hard to capture the beautiful snow flakes on a camera. Therefore, before I had Angel, I learnt how to create snow in Photoshop just so to add to my winter pictures some glistening, sparkling snow. Learn it here if you are keen.


It probably will look uncanny if I did this in a picture of me at Sentosa or the Singapore Zoo. But for pictures in cold, wintery Sweden, it's perfect.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yoohoo, thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving your comment! I am feeling the love! (^.^)