This has got to be her favourite button

Posted by ~Summer~ on February 04, 2012
in ,

Like it or not, one of the most important (and dreaded) duties of a mum is diaper changing.

Remember the first month your baby is born, he/she can poop up to 10 times a day? Right after you washed their bums, applied diaper rash cream, fitted on the diaper and struggled with the incessant press studs on that cute little romper that says "I Love Mum", you hear the familiar "Brrrooooooopp", and there we go all over again.

Well, good news is it gets better as time passes.

After Angel became more or less potty trained, diaper changing becomes an occasional task for me. I only need to help her put on diapers before she takes her afternoon nap, when we go out and during bedtime. That said, she hasn't quite learnt to pull down her pants and panties by herself yet, so assistance is still required at the potty every time. We're not complaining though, pulling pants is a much cheaper alternative to buying diapers. 

Anyway, she has also started using the toilet bowl and recently discovered her new toy - the flush button. Finally, a button that responds to her, a button huge enough for her small fingers, a button that can miraculously generate gallons of water and make her feel like she has superpowers.

We were at the Stockholm airport and she found her new hangout place - the baby changing/handicapped WC. Well, that was because for the first time, we had a pair of mother-daughter matching toilet bowls. 


See? I meant it. Frankly speaking, I've never seen it elsewhere too so I welcomed the idea of being able to mind my own business while my daughter peed into her toilet bowl. The height of this miniature toilet bowl was just nice for her and there was no worry of her falling into the big hole. And what do you know, there was even a 'baby' sink where she could proceed to wash her hands. Obviously, she loved it. Seeing her getting up and down the toilet bowl and washing her hands by herself, all of a sudden, I felt that my baby girl was a baby no more.

She's no longer a small bundle that I can easily lug with one hand.

She's outgrowing so many of the clothes that I once thought were too big sized for her.

She can now sing clearly to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star instead of humming it.

She is getting taller and I can no longer open the upper fridge door without worrying that it will hit her head when she's standing there.

She is starting to reject my hugs and kisses and not my vulnerable one anymore.

She is eating french fries, crabs and potato chips instead of puree, porridge and baby cereal.

She can now sing karaoke with me and wants me to play Jay Chou's concert DVD instead of Word World. No joke.

Yes, she's growing up as a toddler all too fast. I have to admit that I do miss the times when she was younger, but I also treasure the opportunity to go through each and every growing stage with her. No matter how old she becomes, in my heart, she's always my little, lovely, beautiful baby. I guess that's what we call motherhood and that's how all mothers feel.

Now, I just need to teach her to save the environment and hit her favourite button just once - and only when we need it.


2 comments:

  1. Awww...lovely :)Nothing compares to a mothers love. We notice accomplishments that no one else will notice. This made me smile. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather, thanks! Yeah, I only knew what it means to be a mother after I became one. =) Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

      Delete

Yoohoo, thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving your comment! I am feeling the love! (^.^)