One Lovely Blog

Posted by ~Summer~ on March 02, 2012
in

Lovely. I have used this word countless number of times. To describe a day, a dessert, an excursion, a novel, and nowadays mainly to describe my dearest Angel.

Never had I used it to describe myself. Not even when I was all dolled up and feeling like the happiest bride on my wedding day. Neh, lovely is too sweet a word for me.

Then, one day I woke up to a pleasant surprise - someone out there who believes in me had nominated my blog for the "One Lovely Blog Award". Finally, the word that eluded me and my life is here to stay. On my blog, at least. My heartfelt thanks goes out to to Jessica from Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby.


I know that not everyone believes in these blog awards. After all, they are passed from blogger-to-blogger and not judged by a professional panel. So, while there are people who feel appreciative and elated for being chosen, there are also others who don't really care. For me, I'm just happy to be nominated and grateful to the ones who show faith in me. I mean, of all the millions of blogs out there, to be remembered and to be penned down by a fellow mum-and-blogger, it has got to mean something in my heart.

In following the guidelines, here are the five blogs that I wanna share this lovely award with. I love visiting these mummy blogs and they never fail to constantly inspire and motivate me to keep writing.

1) My Baby Footsteps
2) A Mad Girls Lovesong
3) Sakura Haruka
4) Love, Beauty and Things that make me smile
5) A Juggling Mom

Next up, which you can jolly well skip reading if you like, here are some things about me that you never knew:

1) I do not like to run on the treadmill. Actually, I don't even like to run at all. Give me a Zumba DVD anytime and I'll rather boogie to shake off the calories.

2) I'm the classic example of a bad female driver. And yes, I can never exactly remember the route even if I've taken it a hundred times.

3) I love to sing. For hours and hours. Jw and I used to go for karaoke sessions, just the two of us and we would sing till our voices go hoarse. I mean, who cares how well or poorly you sing when it's just you and him?

4) I tear easily. Super easily. I cry at Taiwanese idol dramas, I cry at love comedies, I cry when I watch music videos, I can cry over the same movie despite watching for the tenth time, I even cried once when watching Word World with Angel. The one when it was Dog's birthday and he ran around looking for his friends but couldn't find them as they were planning a surprise party for him. Not kidding.

To my readers, fellow bloggers and hot mamas out there: 
Have a lovely day, lovely week, lovely year ahead.


20 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I always love getting awards and it's great to hear that you enjoy my blog. I too love reading yours and am glad we're bloggy friends. :)

    BTW, #1, I wish I enjoyed running or zumba. Even walking up the stairs is a task I dread. I know, I'm incredibly lazy. My own fault. Kudos to you though for enjoying a form of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! =) Glad we met each other in the blogging journey too. And yes I'm getting incredibly lazy ever since I became a mum. =) Zumba once in a blue moon when my hubby complains that I've been sitting around too much and not sweating at all. =p I do enjoy it, just not committed enough. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Congrats. Its always been a dream to run, did it a couple times then just didn't keep up. Im a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nice to meet you and hope we can stay in touch! I shall dream to have 7 kids like you too! =)

      Delete
  3. Wow its nice to remember your blog is nominated.
    Now I am eager to start my first blog... Hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do start one, I'd be your first follower! =) Hee!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the award! And no wonder I like reading your blog so much... cos we're so alike! #1 to #4!!!

    Except I would like to correct your #2. Not remembering the route doesn't make you a bad driver. I would know cos I think of myself as a better driver than my husband... just with a terrible sense of direction. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really, *hi five* then! As for #2, lol, I didn't mention that terrible direction sense is just one of them. Haha. I can't cut lane well, can't park and when driving manual the engine always dies on me in the middle of the road. =) I'm sure you are a MUCH better driver than me. =) You are most welcome for the award!

      Delete
  5. Well, this is just LOVELY! haha

    Lovely definitely describes you, your blog, and your lovely Angel :) Keep up the good work! I love to sing and and dance too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! You make me so motivated! =) Appreciate it and yeah, singing and dancing is fun!! =)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Summer, for the award. <3 Every sweet soul that reads my blog and who's blog I also follow is an inspiration to me. You are truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Heather, cos' you deserve it! Yeah let's continue to inspire each other then. =) Thanks much!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the award Summer. That really made my Friday. Running used to be something that I dread. Now I enjoy it and can finally understand why there are so many joggers or runners out there. When I run, it's my "my" time to just recharge mentally and physically. I've also started to climb the stairs which is not as hard as it sounds. But doing the exercise is the best motivation to get started and keep to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I read about your vertical marathon post! Jia you! Salute you! Maybe one day I will like running. But now I guess I just need to start an exercise regime and sweat it out. Can't remember when's the last time I perspired because it's so cold here now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Congrats babe! It such a lovely award!

    Ft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee thanks! Yeah I think it has a beautiful name! =)

      Delete
  10. Thanks Summer!

    I appreciate you keeping me in your thoughts and thinking me worthy enough :)
    I never really thought I can inspire another with my writing so happy that you think so...

    Karaoke is so fun! Used to go often with friends too... We can try it out when u are bk.
    No laughing though! Haha

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Ai. I'm really glad to know you and yes you do keep me very much inspired and motivated. =) Sure, let's go Kbox together and have a mummy KTV session! Hee! =)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations! And how lovely it must be for you to be recognized by another blogger! =)

    And I just have to add that I am sooo with you on the running. I love the idea of being a runner...the cute shoes and outfits, but my body could care less about the cuteness. All it feels is pain when I try to run. BUT I love me some Zumba! I feel like I'm tricking my body into exercising. Shhh....don't tell it, please! =)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! =) Yes I know exactly what you mean, and the great thing about zumba is that you don't even feel like you are working out because it's so fun! =) Wish we could do it together! =)

      Delete

Yoohoo, thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving your comment! I am feeling the love! (^.^)